Hyphen is a 150-strong pan European architectural practice with offices in Winchester, London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Milan and Santiago. We are looking to appoint a finance manager, based in our Winchester office. Occasional visits may be required to our European offices. The successful candidate will manage a small team of financial administrators, report to the financial director and be responsible for:
- Leading and managing accounting process for the UK and Group business
- Cover all aspects of transactional accounting – ledgers, credit control, etc.
- Leading and managing the day to day book keeping via Sage Financials
- Balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis
- Preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting
- Overviewing and managing the UK year end statutory accounts (these will be prepared by local consultant accountants)
- Overviewing and managing the European offices statutory accounts and VAT (prepared by local consultant accountants)
- UK quarterly VAT returns
- Identify and implement business process improvements and continuously develop best practice
- Ensure accurate and timely transaction processing relating to recording of costs and sales
- Working with managing director and financial director to drive profitability and business growth
- Provide information for board pack and monthly reporting deadlines
- Monitoring cash flow and bank balances
- Managing payment of suppliers
- Management of Payroll pensions etc. (UK only)
- Managing credit control processes
Salary up to £40,000 PA dependent on skills and experience.
Knowledge of GAAP processes in any of our EU locations would be an advantage. Familiarity with Sage Financials is desirable but not essential.
We’re pleased to offer flexible working arrangements to suit employees’ needs, which may include flexible working hours, working from home or working part-time. We ensure that all our staff have access to the tools and opportunities they need to build their careers.
For more information or to apply, please contact us on 01962 835 500 or send your CV and examples of work to Tony Luck – email@example.com